Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Making His Blog Debut!




I've decided not to use the baby's real name on the blog. If you know me in real life, please send me an email (my email is in my profile) or if you Facebook, be sure to add me as a friend. There are lots of pictures going up there!


The baby is finally here! Due to some blood pressure issues I was put on bed rest on August 19. I also made a couple of trips to triage for blood work and monitoring. After being released 2 times, the 3rd time was a charm! We went to triage for the 3rd time on Saturday, August 29. My blood pressure numbers actually looked really good, but my doctor was not happy with the baby's heart beat readings. They started higher than usual and would drop down some and go back up. Thankfully it never got to a point where he was in distress, but my doctor said she was looking for another sign to take him and this was it. Within an hour or so, I was scheduled for a C-section. We were taken up to the OR while my parents anxiously waited. We were in the OR at 2:00 PM, the baby was born at 2:03 PM, and I was rolled out by 2:35. Talk about an efficient doctor! Before leaving the ER, my doctor told me that the baby's cord was wrapped around his neck twice. THANK GOD she took the sign when she did. It hurts my heart to even think of any what ifs.

He weighed 6 lbs 9 oz and was 19.5 inches long! The baby was a bit jaundice so we had to stay in the hospital until September 1. We are all adjusting well to this new little life. He is such a good baby and very laid back! He did lose a bit more weight than they wanted, but he is on the road to filling out! We have been blessed beyond measure and are so grateful for this little miracle boy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment